Saturday, December 17, 2011

Aaand I'm Sick

I tried to fight it. Thought if I ignored it it would take the hint and move on to some other unsuspecting being. But alas, this soreness has decided to take up residence in my throat for the past two days.

Being sick is annoying. It also always seems to happen to me when I'm really geared up to do lots of things. Take this week, for example. I went to a holiday party at my friend's place on Thursday night, the party ended early so I actually found myself home in bed by midnight. I snuggled into bed and set my alarm for 8 to do my early morning productive routine of gym, clean room, film a review, etc.

However, during the course of that fateful slumber, something in my body decided "ehhhh the hell with productivity. I'm gonna get sick now and screw up her plans for the next two days."

So I awake Friday, to my surprise much later than I had intended to, with a rough feeling in my throat and sleep in my eyes.

The thing I dislike most about sick days is that I can't be productive. I have to actually rest and drink more liquids than my body can hold and just chill till I'm well again. But that doesn't stop me from thinking of ways to be productive.

So after bouncing around on Netflix for a good while yesterday, I decided what my "productive" sick project would be. I, Amy Castle, am going to watch every episode of Good Eats in order. All 13 seasons. I've been wanting to do it for a while, but now the time has come. If you don't already know, Alton Brown is my idol and role model. He makes everything interesting and fun, so who better to accompany me during my throat ailment than my favorite foodie? I'll be gaining a ton of food knowledge along the way, which will better my future videos and posts.

As soon as I'm in tip top health, more reviews are coming. I'm really excited to start writing again, and I hope you're excited to join me on my culinary adventures.

Until then, it's throat coat, good eats, and Christmas pajamas.

~ Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and your youtube videos! I hope that you get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete